Noted jazz saxophonist Dave Koz celebrates a career milestone with the July 31 release of ‘Collaborations: 25th Anniversary Collection’. The Concord Records set features 15 tracks culled from Koz’s own previous recordings, projects he’s done with other artists and three new tracks.
One of the new tracks is the set’s lead single, ‘(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher’. Koz’s cover of the Jackie Wilson classic features R&B singer Kenny Latimore and trumpeter Rick Braun. Another new track, an instrumental version of ‘Let It Go’ -- the anthem from the 2013 Disney film ‘Frozen’ -- closes out the set. Rounding out the project: previously released songs featuring such guests as Stevie Wonder, Stevie Nicks, Toby Keith, Johnny Mathis, Rod Stewart, Herb Alpert and Luther Vandross.
"Some of my favorite moments in the last 25 years have been collaborations with … mentors, and friends and people whom I never would have expected to meet,” Koz said in a press release announcing the project. “And that's the power of music. It will come up against any wall that can divide people and bring it right down.”
The nine-time Grammy nominee will be performing at the Thornton Winery in Temecula, Calif., on July 11-12. His summer tour also includes stops in Atlanta (July 24), New York (Aug. 5), Las Vegas (Aug. 22), Los Angeles (Aug. 23) and San Diego (Sept. 25).
‘Collaborations: 25th Anniversary Collection’ track list:
1. ‘Good Foot’, featuring Jeff Lorber
2. ‘(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher’, featuring Kenny Lattimore and Rick Braun
3. ‘When Will I Know for Sure’, featuring Boney James
4. ‘So Very Hard to Go’, featuring Michael McDonald and Summer Horns (Mindi Abair, Gerald Albright and Richard Elliott)
5. ‘(I Love You ) For Sentimental Reasons’ - Rod Stewart featuring Dave Koz
6. ‘Let Me Count the Ways’, featuring Stevie Nicks
7. ‘This Guy's in Love With You’, featuring Herb Alpert
8. ‘Linus and Lucy’ - David Benoit featuring Dave Koz
9. ‘Can't Let You Go (The Sha La Song)’, featuring Luther Vandross
10. ‘All You Need Is Love’, featuring Eric Benét, Johnny Mathis, Heather Headley, Richard Marx, Jonathan Butler, Maysa, BeBe Winans, Gloria Estefan and Stevie Wonder
11. ‘Game of Thrones Theme (The Smooth Version)’ - Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox featuring Dave Koz
12. ‘Cryin' for Me (Wayman's Song)’ - Toby Keith featuring Dave Koz and Marcus Miller
13. ‘Think Big’, featuring Brian Culbertson and Keb' Mo'
14. ‘Apartment 2G: I Hear Her Playing Music’ - Barry Manilow featuring Dave Koz
15. ‘Let It Go’
THE CONTENT OF THIS SECTION WILL HOLD NEWS ITEMS, CONCERT AND FESTIVAL REPORTS, SPECIAL ARTICLES OR INTERVIEWS