Keys And Chords
dusty springfield: reputation - expanded deluxe collector's edition will be released on august 26th, 2016
• Dusty Springfield’s late career renaissance owed its triumphs more than a little to her collaborations with the Pet Shop Boys, a partnership that resulted in 4 tracks being written by them and 5 tracks being co-produced by them for her 1990 album ‘Reputation’ (UK#18) including her last big hit singles, ‘In Private’ (UK#14) and ‘Nothing Has Been Proved’ (UK#16).
• This is the first time that her critically acclaimed and commercially successful ‘comeback’ album has been re-issued as a fully expanded collection. This 3-disc collector’s edition includes the original album, all known extended versions and remixes, the B-sides from the singles released from it and the promotional videos of those singles on a DVD. Also, although not part of the original release, this edition also includes Shep Pettibone’s Disco Mix version of the 1987 Pet Shop Boys with Dusty Springfield hit ‘What Have I Done To Deserve This?’ (UK#2, US#2) on which Dusty was joint lead vocalist.
This is the first time that DUSTY SPRINGFIELD’s critically acclaimed and commercially successful ‘comeback’ album REPUTATION has been re-issued as a fully expanded collection.
Cherry Red Records will be releasing this album on August 26th, 2016.
This was the song to catapult Dusty back into the public eye and the charts for the first time in well over a decade!
• This comprehensive curation of remixes includes Marshall Jefferson’s input on the Dance Mix of ‘Nothing Has Been Proved’, seven additional Shep Pettibone remix variants of the tracks ‘In Private’ and ‘Reputation’ and Phil Harding & Ian Curnow’s extended 12” mix of ‘Born This Way’ for PWL.
• The album also includes the talents of Pet Shop Boys co-producer Julian Mendelsohn, producer Dan Hartman on ‘Time Waits For No Man’ and ‘Born This Way’ and orchestration by Angelo Badalamenti on ‘Nothing Has Been Proved’.
• Packaged in a mini LP style sleeve, this special collector’s edition is completed with a 32 page full colour booklet containing extended sleeve notes that compile Dusty’s own thoughts on the album and its songs. Also included are exclusive insights from Dusty’s close friend and backing singer Simon Bell and from Tris Penna who worked for EMI at the time of the album’s original release and who had special responsibility for overseeing it.
This 3-disc collector’s edition includes the original album, all known extended versions and remixes, the B-sides from the singles released from it and the promotional videos of those singles on a DVD.